Ruby has bright red skin, dark maroon square hair, and two eyes of unknown color. She has a thick build with a flat chest, thick waist, and small hips. Her gemstone is embedded in her navel.
Not much is known about her outfit other than that is is dark maroon with a diamond cutout around her gem, and that she has dark maroon boots.
Nothing is known about Ruby's personality yet.
Ruby once belonged to a Morganite, but was replaced after it was discovered that she liked to fuse with Pink Pearl.
Ruby presumably possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- When fused with Pink Pearl, they form Rhodonite.
- When fused with Pink Pearl, Albite, and Orthoclase, they form Lepidolite.
- She's KJD's interpretation of how Rhodonite's unknown component Ruby might look like.
- Ruby is a gemstone of emotion, associated with passion, strength and anger. This shows in Ruby's emotional temperaments and overall emotional/angry attitude as well as her strength.
- Ruby is the birthstone for those born in July and is also the zodiacal stone for Capricorns.
- Ruby is also used to celebrate the fifteenth and fortieth wedding anniversaries.
- The day assigned to ruby is Tuesday (hence the Rolling Stones song, "Ruby Tuesday").
- Ruby is assigned to the planets, Mars and Pluto.
- Ruby is the national gemstone for Burma and Thailand
- Since ruby is a member of the corundum group, it is closely related to sapphire and thus shares some properties, such as hardness, composition and double refraction, with sapphire.
- The vivid red color of ruby means that it is associated with desire, and it is thought by some to be a stone of love with an aphrodisiac effect.
- Ruby can be identified by its hardness of 9 on the Mohs scale, and vibrant colour.
- Natural ruby can be distinguished from synthetic ruby by its inclusions; natural ruby typically exhibits inclusions, whereas synthetic ruby tends to be eye clean.
|Ruby's gemstone is located on her navel, featuring a squared facet. It is a decahedron, specifically a truncated tetragonal dipyramid.|