Prehnite is an off color Gem, and an original character created by KJD. She's currently fused with Indicolite (forehead gem), Indicolite (right chest gem), Indicolite (left chest gem), Pink Sapphire, and Mauve Pearl as Fluorite.
Prehnite is very small. She has light green skin and short green hair.
She wears a pale pink shawl and a dark green and green sleeveless dress that covers her feet.
Nothing is known about Prehnite’s personality yet.
At some point, Prehnite and the other components that make up Fluorite decided to unite as one. Being a cross-Gem fusion, Fluorite was banished from Gem society.
Prehnite possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- When fused with Indicolite (forehead gem), Indicolite (right chest gem), Indicolite (left chest gem), Pink Sapphire, and Mauve Pearl, they form Fluorite.
- When fused with Indicolite (forehead gem), Indicolite (right chest gem), Indicolite (left chest gem), Pink Sapphire, Mauve Pearl, Albite, and Orthoclase, they form Jelly Opal.
- She's KJD's interpretation of how one of Fluorite’s unknown components might look like.
- Prehnite is an inosilicate of calcium and aluminium with the formula: Ca2Al(AlSi3O10)(OH)2. Limited Fe3+ substitutes for aluminium in the structure.
- Though not a zeolite, prehnite is found associated with minerals such as datolite, calcite, apophyllite, stilbite, laumontite, and heulandite in veins and cavities of basaltic rocks.
- It was first described in 1788 for an occurrence in the Karoo dolerites of Cradock, Eastern Cape Province, South Africa.
- It was named for Colonel Hendrik Von Prehn (1733–1785), commander of the military forces of the Dutch colony at the Cape of Good Hope from 1768 to 1780.
|Prehnite’s gemstone is located on her navel. It has a diamond shaped facet.|