Black Pearl is a Gem, and an original character created by KJD.
Black Pearl has a grey skin, a pointed nose, two eyes with black pupils, and rounded black hair. She has a thin build with a flat chest, thin waist, and small hips. Her gemstone is embedded in her navel.
She wears a black leotard with a diamond cutout and a translucent black skirt. She wears elbow-length gloves and black calf-length boots.
She's a sweetheart but a bit of a worrier and suspicious of others intentions - unlike Carbonado who is always willing to give the benefit of the doubt. She worries that her and Carbonado will be discovered by Gems that aren't looking for sanctuary but once she develops trust with someone she'll do anything for them.
She also hates being treated as a lower class servant, she's not used to it, Carbonado treats her as a friend and advisor so if anyone makes her feel less than she'll get a bit irritable.
Black Pearl possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- When fused with Rose Quartz (arm gem) they form Dark Rainbow Quartz
- Exotic black pearls from the Pinctada margaritifera or Black-lip pearl oyster, are more commonly known as Tahitian pearls.
- Tahitian pearls are relative newcomers to the pearl world, popularized only as early as the mid-1900's by the efforts of Mr. Robert Wan of Tahiti and his New York-based colleagues.
- Unlike the more common pearl types, Tahitian pearls typically have a naturally dark body color.
- Because of their vast color range, matching these pearls into a finished strand is an enormous task requiring thousands of loose pearls to create a single strand.
|Black Pearl's gemstone is located on her navel. It is polished and circular in shape.|