Albite (nicknamed Rook by KJD) is a Homeworld Gem, and an original character created by KJD.
Albite has light blue skin, styled pastel blue hair with bangs covering her eyes, and plump lips. She has a thin build with a round chest, thin waist, and small hips. Her gemstone is embedded in her left forearm.
She wears a white tank top with a sky blue collar, a solid blue waistband, and solid blue pants with sky blue toe tips.
As Albites are usually curious by nature, this one is assumed to be too.
Albite possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- Albite is a plagioclase feldspar mineral. It is the sodium endmember of the plagioclase solid solution series. As such it represents a plagioclase with less than 10% anorthite content.
- The pure albite endmember has the formula NaAlSi3O8.
- It is a tectosilicate. Its color is usually pure white, hence its name from Latin albus.
- Albite crystallizes with triclinic pinacoidal forms. Its specific gravity is about 2.62 and it has a Mohs hardness of 6 - 6.5. Albite almost always exhibits crystal twinning often as minute parallel striations on the crystal face.
- Albite almost always exhibits crystal twinning often as minute parallel striations on the crystal face. Albite often occurs as fine parallel segregations alternating with pink microcline in perthite as a result of exolution on cooling.
- It occurs in granitic and pegmatite masses, in some hydrothermal vein deposits and forms part of the typical greenschist metamorphic facies for rocks of originally basaltic composition.
|Albite's gemstone is located on her left arm. It is unfaceted and ovalline in shape.|